All Because Two People Fell In Love
Est. July 30, 2010

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Alexa's New Discoveries

Alexa is starting to recognize more things and learn more words.  It is so fun to teach her!  She now knows where her belly, eyes, and ears are and will point to them.  She also says "daw" for dog and "ruffs" every time she hears one.  One of our neighbors has a dog that we hear every day so she "ruffs" pretty often.  We think it's cute. :)
She did a funny recently too.  Every time she wants a bite of something she says "Aw".  The other day, I was feeding her some fruit loops for a snack.  After a while she started feeding me and thought this was pretty cool.  After about 15 fruit loops, I didn't want anymore and kept my mouth shut when she tried to feed me another one.  So she pried my mouth open for me and told me, "aw".  It was so cute that I had to eat it for her!
Oh and our recent discovery... Barney!  She loves it!  She just stares at the TV the whole time (like that one little Dalmatian on 101 Dalmatians) and dances.  She's got some good moves too!  She must get it from her Mom.  I was ADDICTED to Barney when I was little!  Just ask my family.  They finally hid all my Barney movies because they were so sick of hearing them every day.  I'm pretty sure they actually just threw them away lol.
Just a quick update on Harrison's new Leadership Program.  He started reading the assigned book and loves it!  His favorite part is that everything in the book, and class, can be applied to every aspect of life... work, school, family, church, etc.  He also had his first class for it and really enjoyed it.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Harrison for his new leadership program. That a big deal for everyone. Your comment about being able to handle blood of your own kids. I'm like you. I can handle it BETTER when it's not my kids. When I see them bleed or get hurt, I have this immediate sympathy pain inside my heart and it literally hurts, then I start to get nauseous. Boston's toe nail fell off during the summer (not sure what happened--no major injury; he has weird toe nails) anyway, it just pealed back and a new toe nail was starting to grow underneath. I literally couldn't handle it. I had to go to Jeremy to bandage it. I'm a freeze mom. I just clamp up during their emergencies. It's the worst thing ever! Poor Alexa. Hope she's recovering well. Love hearing about her "ruff" and "aww" stories. So darling. She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't handle my own child's blood. She is doing much better. She got her stitches out a week after they put them in and they healed up really well! Thank you for asking. How are your little ones?

      Delete
  2. She's so cute! I saw her dance moves when we had Madagascar on and she and Riley were jammin' :) Let's play again soon!

    ReplyDelete