All Because Two People Fell In Love
Est. July 30, 2010

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Tender Moment

We experienced a very tender reminder from Alexa this morning.
I borrowed a picture from the Church library.  It is the portrait style one of Jesus Christ.  I have it propped up facing her crib until I need it this week.
Anyway, as soon as I took her out of her crib this morning she pointed straight at the picture, got really excited and started saying over and over, "Jey- Jey".  She just kept staring at His face.  Then she reached for the portrait so I let her hold it.  As soon as I did, she kissed Jesus's face then hugged the picture so as to hug Jesus Christ.  It was a very sweet moment.
Then, after her nap today when I picked her up out of her crib she pointed to the picture all over again and started talking away, while looking at Jesus the whole time.  It reminded me of the scripture in 3 Nephi 26:16- "Behold, it came to pass on the morrow that the multitude gathered themselves together, and they both saw and heard these children; yea, even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things; and the things which they did utter were forbidden that there should not any man write them."
Little children really do know their Savior and Heavenly Father!  They are so much closer to the Spirit than I am!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious moment. Isn't it so true that babes are straight from God's presence and their spirits still recognize them.

    ReplyDelete