All Because Two People Fell In Love
Est. July 30, 2010

Monday, July 2, 2012

Our little smarty pants


I came in to see her reading to herself... Talking out loud, turning the pages, and everything.
She likes it dark when she sleeps, so she gabbed her Froggy and put him on her head like this.


We got to have her picture taken for Pleasant Grove's "Strawberry Days".  She's out little "4th of July" girl.
Our big girl sitting in her big girl chair.  She is so proud of herself!
Okay... First off, I know I brag about her ALL the time and probably have a little too much pride in her but she is just so cute I can't help myself!  So, sorry to all those who may get a little sick of all my stories of her... I am amazed every day at how smart Alexa is and how quickly she catches onto things!!  Just thought I was share a few of her recent "cute moments"...
She's learned to crawl up the stairs by herself now.  We don't have stairs at our place so I haven't been able to teach her much, but the other day I held her hand as she walked up them.  Then, she just started crawling up them by herself without me really even teaching her. :)  I think about all the things this little girl has to learn and how she can just pick it up.  It completely amazes me!  One funny part of this little story... I had my hands about an inch from her waist as she was crawling up the stairs.  As soon as she noticed this she stopped crawling, turned her head, and sort of glared at me as if to say, "Mom, I can do it myself.  I don't need your help!"  She didn't start crawling up the stairs again until I took my hands away.  (I put them back around her once she started crawling again).  Do you think she's going to be independent?!!?
She also is NOT a huge fan of Church.  What 1 yr. old is, right?  She does okay during the first hour, then the other 2 hours she just gets so bored.  She is just a little busy body.  Yesterday during Sunday School, she crawled off a bit to the side of me.  Then, she found the emergency escape door and started banging on it.  Harrison and I could not help but laugh.  We could just imagine her saying, "Get me out of here!"  We are still trying to figure out how to get her to enjoy church, but not just go into the foyer so she can have "play-time" there.
Just one more story.... The other day I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and Alexa was sharing it with me.  When I finished the cereal, I told her "All gone" and showed her the empty bowl.  She looked down inside it, then looked at me and said, "Uh-oh!"  It was pretty cute and, I thought, clever of her.
This little girl makes us laugh every day, we just love her!

3 comments:

  1. awww she's really just so cute! Love her. Love her independence, even if it does make parenting an independent 2 yr old an adventure, but she's so sweet. Such a good girl! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I'll bet she is going to keep you running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brag away. That's your right on your blog. We love to hear how Alexa is growing. It was good to see you all this weekend even if it was brief.

    ReplyDelete